Monday - Opt Out of Bullying!
· Brookland will recognize “International Stand Up to Bullying Day”
· Students and faculty will sign anti-bullying pledges during 1st period.
Tuesday - Black Out Bullying!
· Students and faculty will unite by wearing black shirts as a symbol against all acts of bullying. Together, we can prevent bullying.
· Students will also participate in Mix It Up Day at Lunch.
Wednesday - Walk It Out Wednesday
· As a school, we will use our Super Powers to “Walk-It Out” against bullying. Teachers/Students will participate in wearing a pink shirt for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and walk a lap around the track to show our commitment to making Brookland Middle School a Bully Free Zone.
· The “Walk-It” Out Activity will take place during 5th period and a schedule will be given to each teacher.
Thursday - Reach Out
· There are many ways in which bystanders can prevent bullying and reach out to support the victim. Students are encouraged to reach out to a peer and participate in twin day.
· Students and faculty are encouraged to dress alike with someone they don’t know well.
Friday - Team Out
· Victims of bullying are often teased about their differences. We want to celebrate our differences.
· Students and faculty are encouraged to “Team Out” by wearing their favorite team jersey/shirt to celebrate our individuality and uniqueness and show Team Work. Feel free to wear your BMS team gear as well.