Important Dates (please check the school’s website as dates are subject to change without notice)
- January 22nd to 27th – Teachers will make recommendations for English, Math, Science, and Social Studies classes through PowerSchool.
- February 6th – 4:00 to 7:00 - Parent/Teacher conferences at Brookland MS
- February 5th to 9th – Parents accept teacher recommendations and select electives online.
- June 15th – Deadline to request a schedule change.
Review the Course Information Sheet and The Planning Guide for Students and Parents, 2017-2018. Course descriptions can be found in the guide. The Planning Guide is also available online.
- Teachers will make recommendations for the next school year in PowerSchool (all academic classes).
- Parents will be required to create a login using their student’s ID number (similar to ZippSlip) to access the parent portal in PowerSchool.
- Once successfully logged into PowerSchool, parents will be expected to accept the recommended courses (Math, English, Science, & Social Studies) and choose 3 elective courses through the parent portal.
- Directions for accessing the parent portal are attached to this post. A video and handout will be placed in Tech Tips for easy access.