- January 23-25, 2017: 7th grade teachers made recommendations for your placement in English, math, science, and social studies.
- February 7, 2017: 4:00p-7:00p Parent Teacher Conferences will be held at BMS. This is a great opportunity for parents to meet teachers and discuss recommendations for the 2017-2018 school year.
- February 6-10, 2017: Parents are strongly encouraged to login to the PowerSchool Parent Portal and confirm course recommendations and make elective requests.
Review the Course Information Sheet and The Planning Guide for Students and Parents, 2017-2018. Course descriptions can be found in the guide.
- Teachers will make recommendations for the next school year in PowerSchool (all academic classes).
- Parents will be required to create a login using their student’s ID number (similar to ZippSlip) to access the parent portal in PowerSchool.
- Once successfully logged into PowerSchool, parents will be expected to accept the recommended courses (Math, English, Science, & Social Studies) and choose up to 3 elective courses through the parent portal.
- Directions for accessing the parent portal are attached to this packet. They will also be posted to the BMS School Counseling blog.
First Things First
Please consider the following in preparing your schedule:
- Current academic performance
- Academic ability
- Level of interest
- Out-of-school commitments; time management skills
- Advanced/Accelerated courses are based on the following guidelines, with the exception of math:
- An “A” or “B” in academic performance, in the current year;
- A score of 75th percentile or higher on a recent national standardized test;
- Teacher recommendations based on your desire to be challenged academically, ability to adjust easily to change, ability to think and verbalize critically;
- Specific work characteristics are displayed wherein you demonstrate the ability to problem solve, grasp complex concepts, work independently, write independently, be self-directed and read for pleasure.
If you need help with parent portal or how to choose courses online, please see the instructions below!